About the Bayside U3A Writers
Our Convenor is Dr Cheryl Threadgold OAM
To partake in this group, persons need to be eligible to join the Bayside U3A firstly, then make application to participate in the group. Currently, there is a waiting list.
Viewers may contact us by email, or by mail through the Bayside U3A office (tel: 9589 3798) at PO Box 7269 Beaumaris, VIC 3193
About Bayside U3A
The University of the Third Age (U3A) movement started in France in the 1980s and has since become a global network. There are now 109 U3A organisations in Victoria.
After forming in 2012, Bayside U3A Inc. offered its first classes in 2013. Today, over 1300 members can select from 150 different courses, classes and events each year.
Bayside U3A is an all-volunteer organisation, from the committee to office helpers, tutors and class conveners. Its main venues are the Beaumaris Community Centre and the Old Brighton Courthouse. Activities are also offered at other sites around Bayside.
Click HERE to visit the website of the Bayside U3A.
We acknowledge the support and assistance of the Committee of Management of the Bayside U3A, particularly:
- President Tony Aplin
- Past President David Hone
- Program Coordinator, Sue Steele
- Newsletter Editor, Deb Stephenson
- Former Secretary, Judy Sinclair
and the following for their contributions to the production of our radio plays:
- Sharon and Raymond Simms for technical production
- Actors from Bayside suburbs (as acknowledged in radio play credits)
- Pauline O’Brien, of 88.3 Southern FM for broadcasting our radio plays
- Debbie Keyt, Beaumaris Theatre Inc. for assistance with youth casting for plays
- Michelle Deans, whose published work provided a basis for some of the radio plays
- Terri Adams OAM for pioneering radio plays for community radio and helping to ensure the radio play genre continues in the future.
We are indebted to Julia Sykes-Turner of Black Swan IT, Hampton for designing and maintaining our earlier Armistice Tribute website.
For advice on matters of copyright law, we thank: Michael Cassidy, Lawyer and Trade Marks Attorney, Watermark Intellectual Property Pty Ltd.
We thank Martin Playne for designing and constructing this website, and to Jan Storey for support with editing.